Rens Heijnis custom-built audio equipment
For over 29 years Rens Heijnis has been dedicated to the art of handcrafted supremely refined
professional audio equipment. All equipment is built to fulfill the individual needs and tastes of the
professional audio engineer and is a unique combination of state-of-the-art technology and
"My goal is to make the world's finest audio equipment for the professional audio engineer.
I can build any design and fulfill any desire an audio engineer could have."
Custom-made equipment covers:
- portable mixing tables on batteries or main voltage
- mixing tables, from 4 to 26 channel multi-track, also battery powered portables
- microphone pre-amps, also remote controlled
- talk-back systems of various sorts and complexity with telephones and light systems
- control boxes
- monitor amplifiers, also surround monitor amplifiers
- headphone amplifiers
- power supplies
- all kinds of (special) cables and multicables
- A design based on tubes is also possible
Equipment modifications include design and installation of:
- new printed-circuit boards and external power supplies (battery power possible)
microphones such as AKG, DPA, Neumann, Schoeps, Sanken, Sony, Gefell,
Sennheiser and 797audio.
- battery power supplies for tube microphones such as AKG, Brauner, Neumann, Royer, and Groove tube
- improved analog electronics for pre-amplifiers, recorders and other audio equipment
- various extra options to existing mixing tables and other audio equipment
Repair of professional audio equipment:
- specialty: repair of microphones
- repair of all kinds of professional equipment (also tube equipment)
For news and new developments.
Pictures of different recording sessions.
After receiving a degree in electronics, Rens Heijnis founded his company in 1988. His interest in music and recording meant that
his specialization in audio electronics was a natural choice. The
company soon made a name for itself with a large series of
custom-built mixing tables, amplifiers, power supplies, and various
other types of audio equipment, in addition to the modification of
existing equipment and microphones to higher specifications.
Rens Heijnis also developed the Sonodore range of professional microphones and microphone pre-amplifiers .